In this episode, we’re talking about what it looks like to jump out of our comfort zone, have faith and dare with God. My guest today, is Kate Battistelli, mother of DOVE and GRAMMY award-winning Christian recording artist Francesca Battistelli, and author of The God Dare.
Kate shares more to encourage us to do big things for God or live a quiet life that pleases God in this post: Living a Quiet Life: Living in the Extraordinary Ordinary.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- A “God Dare” is always too big for us—we can’t do it on our own without God’s help.
- The impossible is God’s zone.
- A “God Dare” often makes no earthly sense. It’s only after the fact that we can look back and see the dots connected.
- God will equip you for whatever He calls you to.
- Hebrews 11:1 “Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.”
- Genesis 15:5-6 “Then the Lord took Abram outside and said to him, ‘Look up into the sky and count the starts if you can. That’s how many descendants you will have!’ And Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord counted him as righteous because of his faith.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The God Dare by Kate Battistelli
- Growing Great Kids by Kate Battistelli
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
Stay connected with Kate Battistelli:
Instagram / Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / Pinterest / Website
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Guest Kate Battistelli:
Kate Battistelli is living proof God can and will use anyone if they’re willing. Kate experienced infertility, miscarriage, an abortion at age 18, and four failed adoption attempts, which all wreaked havoc in her life. Back in the ‘80’s, Kate had a life-changing experience as a young actress in New York City, going from understudy to starring as Anna in the Broadway National Tour of The King and I opposite Yul Brynner for more than 1,000 performances. Kate and her husband laid down their careers and the Broadway theatre in answer to their first “God dare” and moved out of New York City and into a life of homeschooling and a home business. As their daughter Francesca grew and began expressing her gifts in music and songwriting, they realized there was a far bigger purpose in leaving their careers than they could’ve imagined. Kate is the mother of DOVE and GRAMMY award-winning Christian recording artist Francesca Battistelli.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
Oh my, so loved this message from Kate and from you, Dr. Michelle. In my long life I have taken several God Dares and have seen the Lord do what only He can do to bring that dare to pass. This is so encouraging for all of us. I met a precious woman the other day who has walked the difficult road after abortion and God has dared her to not only talk about it but to minister His message of love and forgiveness to other women who have lived with the shame and guilt. Oh how I wish I could share with her this book but I will trust that Father will show her if He wants her to know about it. Thank you Kate and Michelle for sharing your testimonies of living the life of Christ in a world that doesn’t always understand what you are saying or doing. Thank you for being faithful and honest with the Lord and with all of us.