The world has thrown a lot at us the last few years. Between the pandemic, economy, and war around the world, many are shaken, worried, or scared. But Christians don’t have to succumb to these same feelings. When the pandemic first hit, people around the world were rocked. That’s when I had to choose to reflect on what I know to be true about Him. These truths change everything for believers. Join me with Kathy Howard for how to keep trusting God in difficult times.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the episode:
- God is all-powerful and in control. Nothing surprises Him and nothing has entered their lives that He did not allow.
- God sees you. God cares about every detail of your lives. God is working even if you don’t see it. And in the meantime, God is always present with you.
- Spend even just 5 minutes brainstorming the implications of one truth about God. For instance, if God is all-powerful, what does that mean for your life? For your family? For the world?
- The author of the Bible is the only author who sits with us when we read his book!
- To keep trusting God in difficult times, we have to know God. We get to know him by being in his word.
- The Bible is not primarily about us—it’s about God, and understanding who He is.
- Difficulties remind us of our need for God.
- Fiery trials refine our faith.
- Psalm 1:1-3 ESV Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
- Jeremiah 32:17 NIV Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Deeply Rooted: Growing Through the Book of Romans; a 40-Day Devotional Journey by Kathy Howard
- The Hem of His Garment: Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion 5-Day Devotional Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the AWSA 2023 Inspirational Gift Book of the Year Award, the Christian Literary Awards Reader’s Choice Award in four categories, and the Christian Literary Awards Henri Award for Devotionals
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Kathy Howard:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order book The Hem of His Garment / Order book Today is Going to be a Good Day / Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Order Book Hope Prevails Bible Study / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Kathy Howard is a treasure hunter who searches for the creamiest chocolate, richest coffee, and cherished stories of faith. She also digs deep into Scripture, mining God’s eternal truths. Kathy has a Masters in Christian Education and has taught the Bible for more than 30 years in a wide variety of venues. Kathy is the award-winning author of 12 books, including “Heirloom” and the “meaty” devotional series “Deep Rooted.” Kathy and her husband, who live in north Texas, have three married children, six grandchildren, and one accidental dog. Find free discipleship resources at www.KathyHoward.org.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson