Have your circumstances ever stolen your joy? Have you ever wanted to maintain a happy heart despite chaotic circumstances? Author and speaker, Tricia Goyer has a message for all the overworked, underappreciated moms: now is the time to tend your soul. We talk about how to have a happy heart in the midst of chaos.
The key is to stay centered on God’s love during chaotic circumstances.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- “When we make small, positive changes to cultivate a heart that’s happy in the Lord everything changes.”
- Happiness can also be translated blessed. It’s not happy – I’m going to Cancun, or happy – I lost 10 lbs. It is that deep blessed settledness that comes from walking in God’s ways.
- Happiness comes from walking out what the Lord is asking us to do.
- Getting our heart happy is walking out the happiness that only God can provide.
- By resting in the joyous comfort and love of God, true transformation can be found.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Heart Happy: Staying Centered in God’s Love During Chaotic Circumstances by Tricia Goyer
- Grumble Free Year by Tricia Goyer
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Subdue Stress and Anxiety: Fifteen Experts Offer Comprehensive Tools in Ten Minutes a Day. Use my link plus discount code BENG99 to save $90 on course (course will be $99.)
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Tricia Goyer:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Tricia Goyer is a busy mom of ten, grandmother of many, and wife to John. Somewhere amid the hustle and bustle of family life, she manages to find the time to write fictional tales that delight and entertain readers, and nonfiction titles that offer encouragement and hope. A USA-Today bestselling author, Tricia has published seventy-five books to date and more than 500 articles. She is a two-time Carol Award winner, as well as a Christy and ECPA Award finalist. Tricia is a member of the blogging team at TheBetterMom.com and other homeschooling and Christian sites. In addition to her roles as wife, mom, and author, Tricia volunteers in her community and mentors teen moms. Learn more about Tricia at www.triciagoyer.com.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson