On this week’s podcast, we’re celebrating the 3rd anniversary of Your Hope-Filled Perspective where we offer you a Biblically-based Hope-Filled Perspective. This week, we’re sharing the 6 episodes that you downloaded the most over the past year. To introduce a snippet of each one, I’ll share a bit about what I liked about each episode.
I find it interesting that the top 6 episodes of the past year come down to knowing who we are in Christ and paying attention to our mindset.
Thank you so much for tuning in each week! Without you, this program wouldn’t exist!
And, now for the featured episodes.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
Featured Episode #1
- In episode 115, we talked with Kris Reece about How To Train Your Brain to Trust God. You’ll get to hear a bit about her story and what led her to become so passionate about helping others to train their brain to trust God.
- Listen to her episode here: How To Train Your Brain to Trust God
Kris also shared her 4 step process that shows you how to renew your mind and put an end to toxic thinking: Toxic Thinking: Take Control of Your Thoughts
Featured Episode #2
- In episode 29, How To Help Someone with Depression, I recorded with my husband, Scott. We cover so many helpful topics including common signs & symptoms, helpful things to do, what to say, and what not to say.
- Listen to that episode here: How To Help Someone with Depression
- I have written prolifically about depression on my blog. Just search for “depression” in the search bar. I also include links to resources below.
Featured Episode #3
- In episode 131, we talked with Erica Wiggenhorn about How to Untangle Yourself from the Fear of Inadequacy. Many people struggle with fear of inadequacy or the imposter syndrome and don’t even know it. Earlier in my career, I certainly did, but I didn’t want to. That’s why I was so grateful for Erica’s wisdom and insight.
- Listen to that episode here: How to Untangle Yourself from the Fear of Inadequacy
- Erica also shares the secret she learned for understanding your worth and recognizing your true value: The Secret to Understanding Your Worth
Featured Episode #4
- In Episode 116, we talked with Tina Yeager about Hope for Overcoming Shame or Discouragement. I absolutely loved my interview with Tina regarding how to overcome shame or discouragement, because when the enemy can’t defeat us, he tries to discourage us. Tina vulnerably shared from her own personal and professional experiences, so you’d know she knows.
- Listen to that episode here: Hope for Overcoming Shame or Discouragement
- Tina also shared encouragement for those struggling in silence with shame and discouragement, significance and identity issues in this article: Struggling in Silence with Shame and Discouragement
Featured Episode #5
- In Episode 130, we talked with Amy Joob about How To Get Unstuck in Life and Move Forward. Many people have written to me during the last couple of years, lamenting how stuck they feel, despite their desire to move on to bigger and better things. Amy Joob and her husband faced that same thing during the Covid Pandemic. She shares how they moved forward.
- Listen to that episode here: How To Get Unstuck in Life and Move Forward
- Amy also shares how she moved forward from fears and hurts that had kept her stuck here: Are You Stuck? Right Alignment Will Get You Unstuck!
Featured Episode #6
- In Episode 125, we spoke with Marcia Ramsland about how to keep our life and mind decluttered by Getting Organized and Staying Organized. I have benefited from Marcia’s wisdom, and so appreciate how simple she breaks down tasks to make them more manageable and sustainable.
- Listen to that episode here: How To Get Organized and Stay Organized
- Marcia is an organizing pro, even more so around the holidays! She shared her top 10 Organizing Tips for Fall to Start Your Holidays Off Right
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s anniversary episode. It was so much fun to dive into those episodes that were most popular with our listeners. When we consider that God tells us how important it is to take every thought captive, these six episodes do exactly that. For future episodes, we’d love to know what you enjoy, the guests you’ve loved, and the topics you’d like us to cover.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Today is Going to be a Good Day by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- How To Help a Depressed Loved One free eBook
- My new book, available now on Pre-Order: Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right
Social Media Links for Host (see individual podcasts for guest links):
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
About Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Dr. Michelle Bengtson is an international speaker, a national and international media resource on mental health, and the author of the bestselling, multi-award-winning books Hope Prevails and the Hope Prevails Bible Study. Her book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip won the 2020 AWSA Golden Scroll Book of the Year and the 2021 Christian Literary Reader’s Choice Award in four different categories. She is also the host of the award-winning podcast Your Hope-Filled Perspective. A board-certified clinical neuropsychologist in private practice for more than twenty years, Dr. Bengtson blogs regularly and offers a wide variety of resources on her website, DrMichelleB.com.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson