This is my birthday week, and in this episode, I wanted to give back to you, our faithful listener. In this episode, I focus on the lies that we often believe and truths from the Bible about our identity. It’s so important to know what God says about us and believe it over the lies of the enemy. I also share the impetus for my daily social media “Today is a good day…” devotions.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- As long as God is still on His throne, today is a good day for a good day.
- If we weren’t imperfect we wouldn’t need a Savior.
- The worth of something is determined by the price we are willing to pay for it. Jesus thought we were so worthy that He paid the price of His life for us.
- There is nothing we can do to earn God’s love.
- Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”
- Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
- Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.
- Ephesians 1:5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together – spirit, soul, and body – and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ.
- Song of Solomon 2:16a My beloved is mine and I am his.
- Ephesians 1:5-6 “having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He [a]made us accepted in the Beloved.”
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 “But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson