Have you ever felt burned out from your ministry or calling? Are you a faith-filled believer of Jesus, and yet your spiritual walk has felt void of excitement? Do you approach your daily quiet time as a task to check off rather than a fresh encounter with a friend? We’re going to be talking about all of this in today’s episode. Join me with Jodie Niznik for how to meditate on the word of God and the benefits of meditation.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the episode:
- I was leading a very busy life working “for” God and ignoring good boundaries and limits on my time and energy. This led me to a crisis point where I nearly left the ministry.
- Lectio Divina (Latin for sacred reading) is a slow reading of the Word where we invite the Spirit to help us notice what he wants us to notice and then have a conversation with him about whatever he shows us.
- Meditation is something we need to reclaim because it was God’s idea in the first place!
- God is a good God even when things don’t feel “good.”
- God knows exactly who he created you to be and exactly what you are going through. He has also created us to live full and abundant lives.
- If we are willing to create space for God in our lives, He will meet us there. No matter what you are going through right now, God wants to accompany you through it.
- Psalm 1:1-3, NIV Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
- Ephesians 2:10, NIV For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- Psalm 62: 1-2, NIV Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Choose: A Study of Moses for a Life That Matters by Jodie Niznik
- Crossroads: A Study of Esther and Jonah for Boldly Responding to Your Call by Jodie Niznik
- Trust: A Study of Joseph for Persevering Through Life’s Challenges by Jodie Niznik
- Journey: A Study of Peter for Stumbling Toward Jesus’s Extravagant Grace by Jodie Niznik
- Galatians: Discovering Freedom in Christ Through Daily Practice by Sue Edwards and Jodie Niznik
- The Hem of His Garment: Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Jodie Niznik:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order book Today is Going to be a Good Day / Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Order Book Hope Prevails Bible Study / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Jodie Niznik has served in various roles in vocational ministry for more than twelve years, including Pastor to Women. Her calling and passion is to equip people to create space for God in their lives and take another step in their journey with Jesus. She does this through writing, teaching, and her Scripture meditation podcast, So Much More: Creating Space for God.
Jodie has been married to Tim for over twenty-five years. They have two adult daughters, Taylor and Billie, and a very poorly trained Yorkie-poo. Jodie loves a great adventure, especially in the mountains, and so frequently laments that the Lord has called them to live in hot and flat Dallas. However, she does love the community around her, so this seems to make up for the lack of cool mountain air. She also loves a great cup of coffee, is a pencil snob, and during the pandemic discovered she had a green thumb. You will frequently find her in her office drinking said coffee, staring in awe at her growing plants, or journaling prayers with one of her favorite pencils.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson