Today I’ve got a guest with a riveting story. By all medical accounts, he should not still be living. He is a true miracle man, and shares hope with us. Today we’re going to be talking about how God takes the worst of situations and works them for our good, and how we can find hope and peace in that.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- James 1:2-4 “Dear brother and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.”
- James 1:12 “God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- They Call Me Miracle Man: a Life of Success, Tragedy, Betrayals, and Hope by Jay Straub
- The Mystery of Catastrophe by Joel Richardson and Nathan Graves
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Jay Straub:
Website: Jay Straub.com
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Unbeknownst to either of them, at the age of 12, Jay Straub was put on a path by his best friend that would lead him to fulfill the wildest dream he could have ever imagined. Fourteen years later, Jay would be a pilot, becoming a captain, for what is today the largest airline in the world. That path started with his first flying lesson at the age of 12, followed by his first flying job at the age of 18, which progressed to flying for several corporations and culminated with being hired at American Airlines at the age of 26.
In that career, Jay experienced two inflight emergencies that he gives God the credit for in his survival, followed by the grand crescendo, an on the job injury that ended Jay’s career and would have ended his life were it not for the power and grace of God. In the almost two decades since that event, Jay has spent a good deal of his life traveling to parts of the world speaking and giving the glory to his Lord, his Redeemer, Jesus Christ. He and his wife Letha both take joy in that.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
What an inspiring story! How encouraging to here this testimony of God’s miracle working in Jay’s life.