In this episode, we’re talking about the hope we have for moving from trials to triumph. My guest today, Tammy Whitehurst, shares how the hope God gives for today and the new strength He gives for tomorrow turns our trials into opportunities for praise.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- We often get stuck going backwards, but life is meant to be lived in a forward motion.
- A broken heart can leave us bitter and wasting our days or better for it.
- So often our problems turn into praises if we will just hold on long enough.
- Every mess has a Messiah who wants to see us through it and turn our mess into a message.
- We can either allow life to get us stuck in a rut, or run toward God.
- God’s grip doesn’t slip!
- I’ve never seen the back of Jesus, but he’s seen my back plenty of times.
- We need to fight with faith, not our fist.
- Disappointment drove me to the depths of despair.
- When we swim in a sea of unforgiveness, it pulls us under. The power of forgiveness is huge.
- Worship while you wait.
- Don’t concentrate on what you don’t know—focus on what you do know: God’s truth.
- The enemy is not going to be convinced until you are.
- Hope comes from Jesus—grab hold of Him.
- I want to live every day doing my best and letting God do the rest.
- You may be bent, but you’re not broken!
1 John 4:4 “But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.”
Acts 20:24 “But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.”
Isaiah 54:17 “But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord; their vindication will come from me. I, the Lord, have spoken!”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
Stay connected with Tammy Whitehurst:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest Tammy Whitehurst:
Author, and full time speaker Tammy Whitehurst encourages and challenges audiences to live life kicked up a notch. She has been described as a hoot with a capital H! While she is the co-owner of the Christian Communicator’s Conference, a training conference for speakers, to those who know her best she is simply Davis’s wife, a proud mom to four grown kids, and a former middle school teacher. She struggles like the rest of us with dust, dishes, cellulite, junk drawers, and wrinkles.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson