Christine Trimpe and I talk about preparing our hearts for the advent season and the Christmas holiday. My guest is a former casual Christian who is now passionate about God’s word and just released a book about how we can seek joy through the gospel of Luke as we prepare for the advent season.
Christine shares more about Advent here: 3 Tips to Set the Tone in Your Home this Advent Season
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Advent is the great expectation and anticipation for the birth of our Savior.
- You can do anything hard for 21 days, so let’s expand it to 24 days and intentionally celebrate the advent season.
- The gospel of Luke shows us how relatable Jesus is to us.
- Luke 2:19 “But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.”
- Hebrews 12:1–3 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
- Luke 24:52–53 Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Seeking Joy through the Gospel of Luke: A Christmas to Calvary Advent Countdown by Christine Trimpe
- Weight-Loss Hero: Transform Your Mind and Your Body with a Healthy Keto Lifestyle by Christine Carter
- Free Bonus Chapters of Seeking Joy through the Gospel of Luke
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Christine Trimpe:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Christine Trimpe is a former casual Christian who is now passionate about Christ, coffee, and connecting one-on-one with you for some joy-centered conversation. Christine’s transformation story and victory over obesity and chronic illness of her body, mind, and spirit will inspire you to strengthen your own joy-fueled adventure with Jesus. She’s been where you’ve been, where you are, or where you want to be through seasons of trials, tribulations, and triumphs. Whether you need physical, emotional, or spiritual healing, she encourages you to delight in God’s Word daily for lasting life transformation to step up and into God’s calling in your life.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson