I talk with Lee Ann Mancini who has a passion to equip parents with valuable resources so they can raise their children to have a strong foundation in Jesus—the only foundation that will last. This is such an important topic given the world we live in and the influences our children are under. We talk about how to help kids with bullying, why forgiveness is important, why kids are walking away from their faith and more.
Lee Ann shares more about what we can do so our children stand strong in faith: Can the Trajectory We Want for Our Children Be Sabotaged?
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- I see how children are walking away from their faith – first priority is the salvation of our children and the preservation of Christianity.
- Kids are leaving home and being influence by a humanistic perspective from their professors and peers.
- The enemy of our soul and our children’s souls likes to attack at the foundation. We need to give our children spiritual meat, not mild.
- If our children don’t have a solid foundation in Jesus by the age of 10, they are significantly more likely to walk away from their faith.
- I believe His will for me is to equip all who are raising the next generation to have a strong foundation in Jesus that will last a lifetime.
- Don’t look at the world and have despair – With God’s help, we can overcome. God’s word tells us the whole narrative, and we only need to walk in faith and spiritual sight.
- Your kids will reflect the mirror of your character.
- Our children are our future. We need to rely on the Holy Spirit for their transformation and do all we can to teach them the ways of the Lord.
- One of the most important things we can teach our children is how to forgive each other.
- Play is the highest form of science and education for our children.
- Make today the day that you decide what is most important for raising our children to have a strong foundation in Jesus.
- Deuteronomy 6:4-9 NIV: Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
- Psalm 78:5-6 NIV: He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our ancestors to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children.
- Psalm 51:6 NIV: Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- What a Bragger!: Adventures of the Sea Kids by Lee Ann Mancini
- Forever With Jesus by Lee Ann Mancini
- A Servant Like Jesus: Adventures Of the Sea Kids by Lee Ann Mancini
- God’s Gift: Adventures of the Sea Kids by Lee Ann Mancini
- God’s Easter Miracles: Adventures of the Sea Kids by Lee Ann Mancini
- I’m Not Afraid: Adventures of the Sea Kids by Lee Ann Mancini
- 8 Great Smarts: Discover and Nurture Your Child’s Intelligence by Kathy Koch, Ph.D.
- Five to Thrive: How to Determine if Your Core Needs Are Being Met by Kathy Koch, Ph.D.
- Start with the Heart: How to Motivate Your Kids to Be Compassionate, Responsible, and Brave (Even When You’re Not Around) by Kathy Koch, Ph.D.
- Screens and Teens: Connecting with Our Kids in a Wireless World by Kathy Koch, Ph.D.
- Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes…in You and Your Kids by Scott Turansky
- Parenting is Heart Work by Scott Turansky
- Good and Angry: Exchanging Frustration for Character in You and Your Kids! by Scott Turansky
- Motivate Your Child: A Christian Parent’s Guide to Raising Kids Who Do What They Need to Do Without Being Told by Scott Turansky
- The Christian Parenting Handbook: 50 Heart-Based Strategies for All the Stages of Your Child’s Life by Scott Turansky
- Toddlers on the Move: Parenting Wisdom for Ages 12-36 Months by Scott Turansky
- No More Perfect Kids: Love Your Kids for Who They Are by Jill Savage
- The Grumble-Free Year: Twelve Months, Eleven Family Members, and One Impossible Goal by Tricia Goyer
- Calming Angry Kids: Help and Hope for Parents in the Whirlwind by Tricia Goyer
- How to Overcome Grumbling, Complaining, and General Negativity – Episode 64
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Subdue Stress and Anxiety: Fifteen Experts Offer Comprehensive Tools in Ten Minutes a Day. Use my link plus discount code BENG99 to save $90 on course (course will be $99.)
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
To connect with Lee Ann Mancini:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Lee Ann hosts the award-winning Raising Christian Kids podcast, which can be found on all major platforms, including CounterCultureMom.com, Pray.com, and Edifi.app. Raising Christian Kids is a five to ten-minute podcast that equips and empowers parents, grandparents, teachers, and all who are raising the next generation to have a strong foundation in Jesus. Lee Ann also has an informative webinar presentation that highlights her research and biblical knowledge in this area. “It is first about the salvation of the children and then about the preservation of Christianity.” There is truth to the adage, “The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!”
Lee Ann is an award-winning Christian children’s author and Executive Producer of the new animation series Sea Kids, which can be seen on Trinity Broadcasting Network, Pure Flix, Right Now Media, and SeaKidsTv.com.
Lee Ann Mancini received a B.A. in Biblical and Theological Studies from Regent University, a Master’s degree in Theological Studies from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Trinity International University), and two Master’s degrees from Knox Theological Seminary in Biblical and Theological Studies and Christian and Classical Studies.
She is a professor at South Florida Bible College and Theological Seminary teaching Apologetics, Romans, Ministerial Ethics, Prison Epistles, and The Bride of Christ. She holds a board position with South Florida Bible College & Theological. She also holds a board position with the Alexandrian Forum, under the tutelage of Dr. Warren Gage Th.M., J.D., Ph.D., an organization seeking to bring a greater understanding of the Bible by hosting annual Typology Conferences in South Florida dedicated to the theme of Christ as the center of scripture.
Her God-given mission and desire are to serve all who are raising the next generation of Christians by preparing the soil to be rich from the womb to age three in which to plant the seeds that grow deep roots from ages four to ten.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson