Join me with guests Mark and Jill Savage as we discuss how to rebuild trust and rebuild your marriage after cheating. Marriage is hard on the best of days, but when infidelity and temptation enter in, it makes it very painful. You won’t want to miss this enlightening episode as Mark and Jill share hope from their personal experiences.
Jill shares more tips on how to rebuild trust in marriage: Rebuilding Trust: The Only Time Words Don’t Matter in Marriage
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- After infidelity, you don’t want to go back to life as normal.
- Even after cheating, with two willing people, marriage can become restored and stronger.
- The one who broke the trust has the biggest impact on how fast trust will be rebuilt.
- If you don’t heal wounds in an appropriate way, it will leak out at an unfortunate time.
- The question after enduring cheating and infidelity is, “Lord, how do you want to use this to grow me?”
- Romans 8:5-6 ESV “For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.”
- Philippians 4:13 NLT “For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.”
- Isaiah 41:13 NIV “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Rebuilding Trust Course
- The Wait Is Not Wasted Course
- No More Perfect Marriages by Mark and Jill Savage
- FREE Rebuilding Trust Guide
- Ten Minute Turn Arounds with Tina Yeager
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Jill Savage:
Website / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter / Tiktok / Pinterest
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Jill Savage is an author and speaker who is passionate about relationships. She has been called one of today’s most exciting female speakers. Her honest, engaging communication is strengthened by her ability to make her audience laugh while they learn.
Jill is the host of the No More Perfect Podcast and the author of fourteen books including Empty Nest, Full Life, Real Moms … Real Jesus, the best-selling No More Perfect Moms, No More Perfect Kids, Better Together, and No More Perfect Marriages. Jill and her husband, Mark, live in Illinois and have five children and eight grandchildren. You can find Jill online at www.jillsavage.org.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson