Danna Demetre and I talk about seeing our health and body from God’s perspective. God wants us to be healthy so we can live out His purpose for our lives. How do we change our mindset so that we can look at our physical body and health and wellbeing as God does?
Danna also shares how she overcame food addiction, temptations and an eating disorder here: Food Temptations: How I Gained Victory
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- We aren’t defined by an eating disorder, what we eat or what we look like.
- There’s a misconception that if we are a Christian we should be able to control this.
- The fear of death made me wonder “what will happen when I die?” and that led me to find God.
- Even if you don’t know God, He still knows you.
- In Christian circles, food seems to be the “acceptable addiction.”
- We need to stop turning to food to be our comforter instead of Christ.
- Ask God, “please shine a light in the dark corners of my life on what isn’t healthy.”
- We need to forget about self-confidence and have Christ confidence.
- God wants us to be healthy so we can live out His purpose for our lives.
- We need to spend more time wallowing in grace than in shame.
- One way of worshipping is by taking care of our bodies.
- Follow the trail of your persistent negative thoughts and emotions and ask God what He has to say about them and you.
- Do the right things for the right reason and trust God with the results.
- Romans 12:1-2 NASB “Present your body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. This is your spiritual act of service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7NKJ “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and a sound mind.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Revive & Thrive Fall Virtual Women’s Conference
- Eat, Live, Thrive Diet: a Lifestyle Plan to Rev Up your Midlife Metabolism by Danna Demetre and Robyn Thomson
- Health Rules We Need to Break for Our Good – Episode 133
- How Does Exercise Reduce Stress?
- Hope for Healthy Living – Episode 65
- How To Give Yourself GRACE in Your Health
- Weight Loss Journey: Hope for a Healthy Body, Mind, and Soul – Episode 104
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Danna Demetre:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
A former registered nurse, Danna Demetre has been a popular retreat and conference speaker for over 25 years. She’s the author of several books to include her latest – Eat Live Thrive Diet – co-authored with Robyn Thomson. Women all over the country are praising their biblical and practical approach to health and weight loss as they discover how to lose weight and improve their health in a way that is realistic and sustainable.
Danna and Robyn share weekly posts and videos addressing issues of concern to women covering body, soul and spirit. Their online virtual and live coaching program, Eat Live Thrive Academy, helps women discover a path to victory over unhealthy habits.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson