In this episode, Cheryl Lutz and I talk about the reality of spiritual warfare and the fact that we can be securely held in the midst of such battles.
Cheryl also shared how we can be free from the lies of our past in this article: 5 Practical Strategies for Breaking the Power of Hidden Lies
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Our previous wounds coupled with bitterness and resentment give Satan access to our hearts and lives.
- The longer we nurse our wounds, the more they become an idol in our lives.
- 1 John 4:4 “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
- Deuteronomy 33:12 “About Benjamin he said: ‘Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders.’”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The Invisible War by Chip Ingram
- Forgiving My Father, Forgiving Myself by Ruth Graham
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Cheryl Lutz:
Cheryl’s Facebook / Securely Held’s Facebook
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Cheryl Lutz has an infectious laugh, and smiling is her favorite! She is a trained and experienced Speaker, Lay Counselor, and founder of the ministry, Securely Held. Her passion is helping others realize Christ firmly holds them amid spiritual warfare. She is married to her pastor and best friend (who has transitioned to a full-time teaching ministry), has four adult children, a bonus son by marriage, and is Mimi to her oldest daughter’s dog and youngest son’s cat.
Pretty amazing message, Cheryl and Michelle! Thank you for sharing your heart and the hurts you have experienced through the spiritual warfare that is a part of all of our lives. I didn’t understand spiritual warfare truly until I read Frank Peretti’s book, Piercing the Darkness. Then I realized that the struggles I had had over my life dealing with fear and anxiety plus having a mom who was in depression most of my life, was spiritual warfare. I read the scriptures in Ephesians and others dealing with the warfare and learned the tools need to be victorious! I glory in how God taught me how to fight and how to win. Your messages today have been a great blessing. I could identify with many of your stories.
Would ask that you Ladies please pray for me. The last 4 years have been one of great financial loss, much physcical pain, sickness , relationships that have dissapered my only contact is the Lord and my daughter. I have gone thru much mental and spiritual physical torture. I have had people sneaking into my house i believe from a witches coven and leaving curses behind. They have been doing rituals in my bedroom and home. They have left physical evedience but i can also spirtually sense it and the Lord showed me in his word magic arts and sorcery. So i am still alive all praise be to the Lord !! Please pray for me. Thank you Teresa S
I’m glad to hear you are turning to the Lord. He is your very present help in times of trouble. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Keep calling out to Him. Every name must bow to the name of Jesus Christ.
Excellent. So many of our battles come from believing the enemy’s lies.
Theresa, boy isn’t that the truth? I’ve been guilty many times. I’m so grateful for the truth of God’s word.