In this episode, Cheryl Lutz and I talk about the reality of spiritual warfare and the fact that we can be securely held in the midst of such battles.
Cheryl also shared how we can be free from the lies of our past in this article: 5 Practical Strategies for Breaking the Power of Hidden Lies
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Our previous wounds coupled with bitterness and resentment give Satan access to our hearts and lives.
- The longer we nurse our wounds, the more they become an idol in our lives.
- 1 John 4:4 “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
- Deuteronomy 33:12 “About Benjamin he said: ‘Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders.’”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The Invisible War by Chip Ingram
- Forgiving My Father, Forgiving Myself by Ruth Graham
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Cheryl Lutz:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Cheryl Lutz has an infectious laugh, and smiling is her favorite! She is a trained and experienced Speaker, Lay Counselor, and founder of the ministry, Securely Held. Her passion is helping others realize Christ firmly holds them amid spiritual warfare. She is married to her pastor and best friend (who has transitioned to a full-time teaching ministry), has four adult children, a bonus son by marriage, and is Mimi to her oldest daughter’s dog and youngest son’s cat.