Do you ever find yourself falling into a trap of thinking negative thoughts? Have you ever wondered how to control your negative thoughts? It is possible, and that’s what my guest, Tracy Taris, and I talk about in this episode: how to stop negative thoughts.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Our negative thinking usually comes as a result of our life experiences, beliefs, and messages we come into agreement with.
- Healing comes in layers.
- When we find it hard to hear from God, we need to assess what is God competing with? Are we quieting distractions to hear from him?
- Any thought not of God has to obey the name of Jesus.
- Negative thinking reflects some pain point that needs to be dealt with.
- We have a tendency to perseverate on negative thoughts, but instead, we can choose to perseverate on positive thoughts consistent with Philippians 4:8.
- Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” (ESV)
- Mark 9:23 Jesus said to him, “What do you mean ‘if’? If you are able to believe, all things are possible to the believer.” (TPT)
- John 4:42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.” (NIV)
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Many Voices, One Truth by Tracy Taris
- Walk This Way by Byron Parson
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
About Tracy Taris
Tracy Taris is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist. She is president and owner of Healing The Mind & Spirit, Inc. where she leads a team of counselors. Her group practice is located in Santa Clarita, California where psychotherapy services are provided in person and via telehealth in the form of couples, family, individual, adolescent and child therapy as well as coaching services that cover a variety of topics from creative blocks, nutritional problems, and women’s issues.