Niki Hardy and I talk about thriving not just surviving when life falls apart. Niki has faced times of loss, grief and cancer and discovered how to live well when life falls apart. She shares what God taught her through her experiences. One thing she learned is you can breathe again and thrive!
Niki shares how in the midst of a cancer diagnosis, she learned to live life to the fullest. She shares how here: Living Life to the Full Despite Our Suffering.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Too often we want God to give us revelation, when what we really need is realization.
- Often our beliefs limit us through personalization, permanence, and pervasiveness.
- The abundant life isn’t in the future waiting for us. God gave us to enjoy right now.
- Don’t wait for life to improve to live it fully. Live life to the full today.
- In times of suffering, lean in, not lean away.
- Too often we act as if heaven is pie in the sky, but the truth is we can have cake on our plate while we wait.
- God not only loves you, He likes you.
- John 10:10 NIV I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
- Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 62:1-2 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Breathe Again: How to Live Well When Life Falls Apart by Niki Hardy
- Listening Guide for the Freshly Diagnosed
- Audio How to Handle anything Life Throws at You
- 10 Day audio devotion
- Grab a couple of free chapters of her book HERE
- Register for her FREE Trusting God Through Cancer Summit HERE
- Trials that Strengthen our Faith
- Two Essential Tips for Navigating Life’s Trials
- When Things Seem Hopeless
- What To Do When Trials Come
- Storms of Life: You’re Meant To Go Through, Not Camp Out There
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Niki Hardy:
Website / Facebook / Instagram
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Niki Hardy is an author, speaker, podcast host, and lover of hot buttered toast. As the author of Breathe Again: How to Live Well When Life Falls Apart and host of the podcast Chemo Chair Prayers, her goal is to help you discover life doesn’t have to be pain-free to be full, then go live it.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson