Missy Eversole and I talk about how we can be transformed and not conformed to the world. What does conformity to the world mean? How can we avoid being conformed to the world? If you’re a people pleaser, you won’t want to miss her story.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- The older I get, the more I realize that all I really need is Jesus. I don’t need to be “Pinterest perfect.” I just need Jesus.
- No matter how spiritually dry you are, Jesus is waiting for you with open arms, ready to quench that thirst with the Living Water that He provides.
- It’s not sustainable to think we can live in a Pinterest-perfect life.
- Conforming means we are blending in with the world when we are called to be salt and light.
- When we begin the transformation process, we see small results right away.
- If you have time to scroll on social media, we have time to read the Bible.
- Romans 12:2 ESV “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Transformed, not Conformed: Embracing a Life-Changing Approach to Spiritual Habits by Missy Eversole
- You Have a Story to Tell – Episode 73
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Subdue Stress and Anxiety: Fifteen Experts Offer Comprehensive Tools in Ten Minutes a Day. Use my link plus discount code BENG99 to save $90 on course (course will be $99.)
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Missy Eversole:
Website / Facebook / Instagram
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Missy Eversole is a wife, mom of two sons, an author, and a speaker. She and her husband, Craig, have been married for twenty-one years and live in Morton, Illinois. Missy shares her love for digging deep into God’s Word as a contributing writer for Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies. She is the author of Transformed, Not Conformed: Embracing a Life-Changing Approach to Spiritual Habits and writes about her faith and family on her blog, MissyEversole.com.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
The two things that struck me were, Fasting and Worship. I am currently in a challenging situation and those 2 have been last on the list. The others are a daily. Thank you for your encouragement! Blessings, Tara.