Kristine Brown and I talk about learning to trust God, especially in our decisions. Making decisions is a process, and it can seem overwhelming at times. Kristine shares what she learned in order to move from decision fatigue to trusting God with her decisions and how she traded her “what ifs?” for “living as if!”
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- So often we trust God with the big things in life when it’s the little things that seem so hard to trust Him with.
- When my pastor said, “You know God’s got this, right?” I realized I wasn’t so sure I did. That’s when I realized something needed to change.
- I wanted to go from saying I trusted God to actively living it out in my life.
- In order to fully trust God, we have to trade our “what ifs?” for “living as if!”
- I came to the place where I prayed, “Lord, show me what you want me to learn through the hard stuff.”
- We struggle to trust God because we want the assurance that everything will be okay.
- We must make our decisions in good faith to trust that the Holy Spirit is guiding us.
- The best thing we can do as we learn to trust God more with our decisions is to make a daily commitment to release control to God.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- Psalm 73:24 ESV “You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory.”
- Hebrews 10:23 ESV “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Cinched: Living with Unwavering Trust in an Unfailing God and the companion workbook by Kristine Brown
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- Subdue Stress and Anxiety: Fifteen Experts Offer Comprehensive Tools in Ten Minutes a Day. Use my link plus discount code BENG99 to save $90 on course (course will be $99.)
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
To connect with Kristine Brown:
Website / Facebook / Instagram
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Kristine Brown is a ministry wife, mom, stepmom, and Mimi. A former chronic worrier, Kristine loves connecting women today with women of the Bible and sharing lessons learned through her website, freelance writing, and speaking to women’s groups. Any given day you can find her texting her young adult kids, taking a walk through her neighborhood, or ordering another new book to read. To connect with Kristine, visit kristinebrown.net.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
This is a wonderful message. Thank you Michelle and Kristine for your insightful and encouraging information within this episode.
Thank you bunches for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month.