Bad things happen. People wound us. Friends let us down. Trust issues with people can become trust issues with God. Scripture tells us to trust the Lord with all our hearts. But how do we do that? My guest, Joanna Weaver, invites you to trust in the Lord with all your heart. Relinquishing control and putting your hope in a forever-faithful Father–that’s the beautiful secret of unshakeable faith.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Trusting God is the key to a victorious Christian life.
- As you let go in surrender, God will enable you to hold on in faith so that you’re no longer dominated by fear and doubt.
- As we embrace trust, we embrace God—and it leaves us forever changed.
- We must learn to believe in God’s love, goodness, and power despite the difficulties we face.
- We must stop chasing blessings and embrace contentment.
- Pray God-sized prayers so that He can be revealed in God-sized answers.
- In a very real sense, trust is God’s love language. Nothing brings Him more joy than when we put our hope and trust fully in Him.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Embracing Trust: The Art of Letting Go and Holding On to a Forever-Faithful God by Joanna Weaver
- Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life by Joanna Weaver
- Lazarus Awakening: Finding Your Place in the Heart of God by Joanna Weaver
- Free e-Course: “How to Have a Mary Heart” with downloadable workbook and teaching videos
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
About Joanna Weaver
Joanna Weaver is the author of Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, which has sold over a million copies. Other books include Having a Mary Spirit, Lazarus Awakening, and a devotional, At the Feet of Jesus. Her books and companion DVD Bible studies have been used by hundreds of churches as well as home groups and individuals. Joanna loves being a pastor’s wife and mother of three. The Weavers reside in the beautiful “Big Sky” state of Montana.
Connect with Joanna: Website / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson