Bunny Yekzaman and I talk about how to maintain hope while waiting for the salvation of a loved one. My guest today was a Christian when she married a Muslim. She was in love and thought it was her job to save him. She shares the one thing that can keep us from getting impatient while waiting and the key to walking in faith. We also talk about what transpired while she waited on her loved one to be saved and what she learned through it.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- There are two ways of praying: in faith or in doubt.
- When praying for our lost loved ones to be saved, we must ask God in faith without doubt.
- If we pray His will, we have the confidence that He will answer those prayers.
- We can’t prove God to someone—He proves Himself.
- My love for God kept me in my marriage…not my love for my husband.
- God took my mess and used it to create my message.
- Prove God’s love to your loved ones by loving them regardless of how they respond to you.
- When I think of and pray for my lost loved ones, I have to first remember I was once lost.
- 1 John 5: 14-15 “This is the confidence we have in Him, that, is we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the request we have asked of Him.”
- 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.”
- Philippians chapter 4:6-7 NASB “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- James 1: 6-7, 19 NASB “But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 7:12-16 “But to the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he must not divorce her. And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace. For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The Power of the Praying Wife By Stormie Omartian
- Beloved Unbeliever by Jo Berry
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- 10 Minute Turnaround Courses: 10 Minutes a Day Unlocks the Secrets to Change Your Life
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- How To Help a Depressed Loved One free eBook
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Bunny Yekzaman:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Bunny Yekzaman is a child of the King, a wife of 42 years, mother of 4 & grandmother of 8. She is a disaster relief chaplain, and works as an Enrichment specialist for a nursing home. Her passion is sharing God’s love & truth with a faith in His faithfulness to His promises. She lives with hope for her lost family and friends and finds it her calling to pray in faith for them.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson