In this episode, Christine Carter of Weight Loss Hero and I talk about her weight loss journey and the hope we have for a healthy body, mind and soul. In order to achieve lasting change in our bodies, we must first transform our minds. We can also take control of areas of our lives, like fear, that are holding us back from change.
Through Christine’s business, she coaches people looking to sustain a healthier lifestyle. Her own weight-loss journey of 150+ pounds has been highlighted on multiple media sites, including fitnessmagazine.com, thetodayshow.com, and popculture.com.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- You can lose weight and still feel empty.
- Our feelings are not facts.
- Society says we have to tuck it in, but we need to address our thoughts and feelings.
- Don’t eat your feelings.
- Sin feels like a hug at first until it doesn’t let go.
- Fear holds people back from change.
- Surrender means leaning into Jesus.
- Self-sabotage comes from the voices in our head.
- Philippians 4:13 “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 “The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Weight-Loss Hero: Transform Your Mind and Your Body with a Healthy Keto Lifestyle by Christine Carter
- Eat, Live, Thrive Diet: A Lifestyle Plan to Rev Up Your Midlife Metabolism by Danna Demetre and Robyn Thompson
- Dr. Colbert’s Hormone Health Zone: Lose Weight, Restore Energy, Feel 25 Again! by Don Colbert
- Dr. Colbert’s Keto Zone Diet: Burn Fat, Balance Appetite Hormones, and Lose Weight by Don Colbert
- Hope for Healthy Living
- How to Give Yourself Grace in Your Health
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Stay connected with Christine Carter:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest Christine Carter:
Christine Carter is the founder of Weight Loss Hero based in Frisco, TX. Through her business she coaches people looking to sustain a healthier lifestyle. Her own weight-loss journey off 150+ pounds has been highlighted on multiple media sites, including fitnessmagazine.com, thetodayshow.com, and popculture.com.
Christine encourages her Weight Loss Hero tribe daily and teaches from the core principle that in order to achieve lasting change in your body you must first transform your mind.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson