This world is demanding, especially when we shoulder the burdens of our family, friends, and work—as well as the heaviness of world events. So we often feel overwhelmed, stuck, afraid, and believe we are never enough. If we aren’t careful, we can build walls that hinder us from thriving in who God created us to be.
In this episode, we discuss what is holding you back? I’m excited to talk to Krissy Nelson who shares from her own story and will help us identify some of the most common walls that hold us back. She draws from biblical stories and truth to give us spiritual and practical tools to bring those walls down, rediscover a vibrant life of joy and move forward from weary survival to daily revival through Jesus.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the episode:
- Questioning our identity in Christ is an attack from the enemy. He aims to bog us down in defeat, insecurity, perfectionism and shame so we cannot thrive in who God says we are.
- We are His revived, beautiful, vibrant children. We are full of life and hope and called to live joy-in-Jesus lives.
- We build walls around us that actually hold us back; walls like insecurity, fear of failure, doing too much.
- Insecurity allows us to see God move in our life.
- We need an encounter with our King Jesus in which our hearts are revived all over again and the walls boxing us in crumble to the ground.
- Faith is key to moving past what holds you back.
- You are valuable and are not alone in your struggle. Talking to Jesus and exposing the lies you’re fighting to your community and family—even starting with one person—starts a new pattern of freedom, community, and connection.
- Once we shatter the lies that hold us back, we have to keep from rebuilding them.
- Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Say Goodbye to What Holds You Back: Shatter the Walls Surrounding You and Believe What God Says About You by Krissy Nelson
- The Hem of His Garment: Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion 5-Day Devotional Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the AWSA 2023 Inspirational Gift Book of the Year Award, the Christian Literary Awards Reader’s Choice Award in four categories, and the Christian Literary Awards Henri Award for Devotionals
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Krissy Nelson:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order book The Hem of His Garment / Order book Today is Going to be a Good Day / Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Order Book Hope Prevails Bible Study / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Krissy Nelson carries a passion to release life and hope into your heart so you can walk in all that you were created for. A popular author and TV show host, she regularly ministers at women’s conferences and outreaches. Her TV show, Created for the Impossible, airs on multiple television networks worldwide. Krissy is passionate about empowering, equipping, training, and activating women worldwide to find God’s purpose for their lives and to pursue it with passion, wisdom, and hope. She is based out of a quaint little town off the Mobile Bay in Southern Alabama with her husband, Donovan, and their two children.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson