In this episode, I talk with Elisa Pulliam about how we can know Jesus better, gain insight and wisdom through believing God’s word, and what it truly means to live by faith. We learn how we can get ourselves into God’s Word and have a deeper desire to have a fresh encounter with God every day, not just for the past but for the now and the future.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- “Unblinded Faith is both for those who have never met Jesus before and want to know, who is God and how do you get to know Him, and what is His truth. But I think there’s too many of us that as believers that live blinded, we don’t see by faith what God has for us. And so, it was kind of a, two pillars, is the best way to describe it.”
- “I was trying to live out the hope of Christ, the story of Christ, the promises of God, without allowing them to apply to everything I had already been through in my past…”
- “My life has been built upon the principles of what I call trap and transform. So, trap is ‘take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ’ which is 2 Corinthians 10:5 and then transform is Romans 12:2, ‘be transformed by the renewing of your mind.’”
- “How do we get ourselves into God’s Word and have a deeper desire to have a fresh encounter with God every day, not just for the past but for the now and the future?”
- “I began to realize that the foundational principles of God’s sovereignty, His faithfulness, His kindness, His anger, His wrath, all of it, was shaped through the 18 years that we lived at the boarding school and because of that many of the truths that I was drawn to write about had stories that were related to those years where we lived there.”
- What can a reader expect when she reads this book? “That people would not walk away feeling like they knew me better but that they knew Jesus better.”
- How is this devotional different from others? “My hope would be that it creates a pattern for women to end Unblinded Faith and say, hey, I can continue to do this on my own in the Word. And at the same time, it provides a tool for when they’re feeling flat, and distant from God and they feel lost, they can pull it out and say I’m going to go through this again and see what God has for me next time.”
- “You don’t get spiritually connected to God if you don’t connect with God”
- “I would like to see women walk away and realize that they’ve seen Him move in their life in a new way that they wouldn’t have seen, because they weren’t previously looking.”
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 “We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.”
- Romans 12:2 “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Unblinded Faith: Gaining Spiritual Insight Through Believing God’s Word by Elisa Pulliam
- Impact Together: Biblical Mentoring Simplified by Elisa Pulliam
- Brave Together: Devoted to God and Each Other by Elisa Pulliam
- Journey to Freedom: A Bible Study on Identity for Teen Girls by Elisa Pulliam
- Meet the New You: A 21-Day Plan for Embracing Fresh Attitudes and Focused Habits for Real Life Change by Elisa Pulliam
- Holy Whole: Guiding You Into Wellness Through Wholehearted Devotion to God by Elisa Pulliam
- Do You Struggle to Believe God?
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
About Elisa Pulliam
Elisa Pulliam is passionate about helping women experience a fresh encounter with God and His Word for the sake of impacting the next generation with Kingdom Hope. Her latest book, “Unblinded Faith: Gaining Spiritual Sight through Believing God’s Word,” is described as “more than a devotional, it’s a tool for growing deep spiritual roots.”
Elisa is the founder of More to Be, a ministry devoted to equipping women with biblical resources, coaching, and mentor training.
Connect with Elisa: Website / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
A hope-filled podcast! I love the “trap and transform” concept!