- In this week’s episode, we’re in the third of our four-part anniversary series, taking apart the title “Your Hope-Filled Perspective.” Today we’re looking at the word FILLED: what it means, what role we play, what choices we have, and what consequences there will be for such choices. We have a choice of what to be filled with, but we will all be filled with something.
- Words of Christ--Luke 6:45 The good person out of the good treasure of the heart produces good, and the evil person out of evil treasure produces evil; for it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks.
- “filling” is a sub-theme of the Bible
- It is a CHARACTERISTIC of God’s work
- In creation
- In redemption
- Heb: Fulness, abundance, to accomplish, complete, confirm, SATISFY, replenish
- Greek: make full, fill up, abound, liberally supply
- You can’t be neutral—you WILL be filled with something. What will you choose to be filled with?
- What will you choose to be filled with?
Read more about how to be filled with satisfaction instead of anxiety in Scott’s post: Being Filled with Anxiety or Filled with Satisfaction
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- 2 Chronicles 7:1 “The glory of the Lord filled the house …”
- Psalm 71:8 “Let my mouth be filled with thy praise…”
- Psalm 72:19 “… let the whole earth be filled with his glory”
- Psalm 104:28 “thou openest thy hand, they are filled with good”
- Proverbs 14:14 (KJV, para) “The faithless in heart shall be filled with his own ways”
- 2 Kings 24 … Manasseh “…filled Jerusalem w innocent blood …”
- Ezra 9:11 “…filled the land w uncleanness…”
- Ecclesiastes 6:7 “All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.”
- Romans 1:29 “… being filled with all unrighteousness…”
- Job 16:8 (KJV) “…thou hast filled me with wrinkles …”
- Isaiah 55:1-2 “Come, all of you who thirst, come to the waters; and you without money, come, buy, and eat! Come, buy wine and milk, without money and without cost! Why spend money on that which is not bread, and your labor on that which does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and your soul will be FILLED with the richest of foods…” Berean Study Bible (para)
- Romans 12:2 (KJV) “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV) “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”
- Matthew 5:6 (KJV) “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at: