- I was raised in the church since I was born. We were there every time the doors were open. And in my teen years, we helped plant churches, so we were there before everyone else arrived and stayed after everyone else had left. I consider myself very fortunate because I was given a solid spiritual foundation. But not everyone is so fortunate. Today we’re going to be talking to a guest who grew up an atheist before coming to know Christ in her young adult years. If you have been praying for someone to come to know Jesus as their personal savior, today’s guest’s story will encourage you.
Stephanie also shares about the kind of hope your faith is based on here: Hope: Wishful Thinking or Rock-Solid Certainty?
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Philippians 3:8-10 “I also consider everything to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Because of Him I have suffered the loss of all things and consider them filth, so that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own from the law, but one that is through faith in Christ—the righteousness from God based on faith. My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,”
- Exodus 33:18 “please let me see Your glory.”
- Ephesians 2:10 “For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
- More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell
- Prodigal God by Tim Keller
- Knowing God by JI Packer
- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Stephanie Rousselle:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Stephanie Rousselle has lived the last two decades on three continents, four countries and five cities. This former atheist, now on fire for Christ, is a wife, mom, podcaster, public speaker, writer, and women’s ministry director. And completely, 100% French. She thrives on Bible-centered inspirational writing and speaking, and dark chocolate. She loves few things more than a good laugh, especially at herself, because she understands that grace is real, and life is short. She wants to inspire others to see that God is beautiful. “God’s glory. Our delight” is her motto!
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson