- When Bad Things Happen to Good People: How to Find Hope in the Wake of Accidental Death or Injury
- Although we never want to think about it, life can change for any of us in an instant. My guest in this episode shares how on an ordinary day, her life changed in the most horrific way when she was involved in an accident that killed another individual. We never think something like that will happen to us. She shares the struggles that result after a moral injury, and how she continues to find hope despite being involved in an accidental death.
Jennifer Eikenhorst also shares the importance of knowing who you are in Christ in this post: Our Identity in Christ is Certain.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- God uses broken things.
- Fruit comes after suffering.
- If God forgives us, we have to forgive ourselves.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Acts 20: 24 “But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Half a Life: a Memoir by Darin Strauss
- Accidental Impacts
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Jennifer Eikenhorst, host of Accidental Hope is a wife, mom and middle school teacher from Waco, TX. She and her husband of 18 years, Chris, have four amazing children ages 7-17 years. In their 18 years of marriage, Jennifer and Chris have faced many trials, some involving life-altering experiences, even death. She declares God’s glory and reflects through her testimony of beauty from ashes each time a challenge came. She hopes to inspire hope that God will always show Himself faithful in all circumstances. She would tell you she loves Jesus and helping others know Him as their hope and redeemer.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson