In this episode, we talk about finding hope when it feels like you’re losing your mind. My guest today, Sheryl Turner, is a delivered drug addict, stage four cancer survivor and former widow. Once a hopeless dope fiend, she is now a dopeless hope-fiend.
Sheryl shares more about the “truth tool” she uses to overcome hopelessness with hope here: Overcoming Hopelessness with Hope
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- God wants you to accept forgiveness.
- When we feel trapped by the sins of our past, it helps to 1) Stop, 2) Confess it to God, and 3) Believe we are forgiven.
- Your ideas may be good but not best – look for HIS best for your life.
- Instead of doing, doing, doing, let God lead the way.
- Romans 15:13 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- John 8:32 “Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.”
- Romans 8:1 “Therefore, there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus.”
- Romans 2:4 “Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance”
- Isaiah 61:3 says, “to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes the oil of joy instead of mourning, a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.”
- Psalm 37:4 says “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and he will do this.”
- Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- It’ll Be Okay: Finding God When Doubt Hides the Truth by Sheryl Giesbrecht Turner
- The Bondage Breaker by Dr. Neil T. Anderson
- Victory Over the Darkness by Dr. Neil T. Anderson
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Stay connected with Sheryl Giesbrecht Turner:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest Sheryl Giesbrecht Turner:
Sheryl Giesbrecht Turner is a hope addict. She believes God can help anyone who will dare to trust Him. Once a hopeless dope fiend, she is now a dopeless hope-fiend.
Sheryl believes God can help anyone exchange any hurt for hope. A dynamic teacher and motivating leader, Giesbrecht Turner is a delivered drug addict, stage four cancer survivor and former widow. Through these and other life altering challenges, she has allowed God move her to a deep faith, trust and dependence. Her non-profit, From Ashes to Beauty, Inc reaches out to the underserved: widows, orphans, homeless, and helpless through the Bakersfield Rescue Mission and The Blessing Corner and world-wide through ministry partners.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson