Today we talk about how life often doesn’t go the way we planned for it to go, which often makes us wonder where God is or if he sees or cares. My guest, Tracy Steel, is a lover of both interior design and theology who combines these two passions to creatively help women find peace and understand who God is and his purpose for them whenever their life doesn’t go as they hoped or planned for.
Even though life may not be going according to our plans, God desires for us to be joyful in the midst of the shocks and hurts. Tracy Steel shares in this blog post about God’s Patterns of Fun.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- We can’t find comfort, security, and contentment in anything but God.
- Sometimes when we experience greater loss, it sets the stage to experience more of God’s comfort.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 “So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
- Psalm 33:11 “But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken.”
- Hebrews 2:10 “God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring many children into glory. And it was only right that he should make Jesus, through his suffering, a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- A Redesigned Life: Uncovering God’s Purposes When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned by Tracy Steel
- A 5-Day Reading Plan for Uncovering God’s Purpose For You by Tracy Steel – Bible.com Reading Plan
- Praying God’s Word by Beth Moore
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Tracy Steel:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Tracy Steel graduated from Kansas State University with a BS in interior design in 1998 and has a master’s degree in biblical and theological studies from Phoenix Seminary. As a project designer, Tracy created and coordinated the design and space planning of commercial spaces for clients such as Bank One, Wells Fargo, Express Scripts, DHS, and Lockheed Martin. Moving from one type of interior design to another, Tracy then worked in full-time youth ministry, serving as the director of female students at Scottsdale Bible Church. God’s true design for Tracy now involves improving the interior space of the hearts and minds of women around her. Currently stationed in Washington, DC, this military wife and mother of two enjoys linking up with other bloggers, leading Bible studies at her local church, and speaking at various moms’ groups and women’s ministries events nationwide. She is also the author of Images of His Beauty, a 10-week Bible study for young women that focuses on identity, overcoming and healing through Christ, and bearing the image of Christ.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson