Today we’re talking about how to have hope when prayers go unanswered. Samantha Morgan returns to share more of her journey through infertility, an adoption that fell through, an international adoption, foster parenting, and a domestic adoption. Through the very real, hard circumstances, God taught her how to wait on Him as she was waiting for Him to answer her prayers.
Samantha shares more about how she maintained her hope while waiting on God in this post: Waiting Season: How To Have A Hope Filled Wait
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- God can handle our anger, our disappointment, our questions. He would rather we be honest and open with Him—He knows what we think anyway, but He wants us to share with Him.
- It’s okay to not be in control. God wants to take that burden for you.
- Our faith doesn’t move or impress God—His plan for our lives is already in motion.
- Romans 8: 26-27 NIV “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.”
- Hebrew 11:1 NIV “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for, and assurance about what we do not see.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
- Hebrews 10:23 NIV “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”
- Romans 8:26-28 NIV “In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Miraculously My Own: One Woman’s Incredible Journey of Infertility, Faith, and Adoption by Samantha J. Morgan
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Stay connected with Samantha Morgan:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest Samantha Morgan
Author and speaker, Samantha J Morgan is an infertility survivor and adoptive mom. Her passion is to support and connect those struggling during difficult times. Living in Southern Missouri with her husband and two great kids, she’s the girl next door who loves sharing how God has shaped her life and created a motherhood story far beyond what she could have imagined.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson