In this episode, we’re talking about how to find hope when things aren’t always as they seem. My guest, Lori Boruff, has been at the place where she felt hopeless, but then found the true source of hope, and has learned that even when life is difficult, things aren’t always as they seem.
Lori also shared how God helped her find hope in when she faced a situation that made her feel so hopeless, she didn’t want to see another day: Hope in the Ruins: Held by Living Hope.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- We often think our way is best, but God’s way is blessed.
- Romans 15:13 NIV “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- Colossians 1:21-22 MSG “You yourselves are a case study of what he does. At one time you all had your backs turned to God, thinking rebellious thoughts of him, giving him trouble every chance you got. (22) But now, by giving himself completely at the cross, actually dying for you, Christ brought you over to God’s side and put your lives together, whole and holy in his presence. You don’t walk away from a gift like that!”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Hope In The Ruins – A Rescue and Recovery Plan For Hearts In Crisis by Lori Boruff
- Cell 121: Learning To Never Give Up on Yourself or Your Loved Ones in the Toughest Moments of Life by Rusty Boruff
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
Stay connected with Lori Boruff:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Guest Lori Boruff:
Lori Boruff knows the power of hope because she experiences it. With a well-kept secret of rape for 23 years, two sons once on difficult paths, and a recent cancer diagnosis – she discovered the right tools to find hope in the ruins. Lori is a trusted, certified life-coach, transformational speaker, author and co-director of the Christian Communicators Conference. Lori’s passion is to connect, comfort and change lives with the power of hope through Jesus Christ.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson