We’ve all heard the term “prodigal child,” and there’s even a popular show called “Prodigal son.” But what exactly constitutes a prodigal child? And perhaps even more important than semantics, how do we win back a prodigal child, teen, or young adult? In this episode, I talk with Laine Lawson Craft about a battle plan to win back a prodigal child, teen, or young adult.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- In simple terms, a prodigal child is challenged and gets off track despite being raised under the wisdom of God.
- Don’t give up “in the meantime” when your prodigal child may be meanwhile you are waiting for God to change their heart and their ways. You may be disappointed, discouraged, and at times hopeless, but don’t give up.
- Father God was the first prodigal father when Adam and Eve went their own way despite what God warned them against. He understands our feelings toward our prodigal because he had them too.
- We partner with the Father of all to parent our children! We don’t parent alone.
- Love is the currency of heaven.
- God has a great plan for your child and He is the true parent of your child. He formed them into your womb and has plans for them and we can partner with God and trust Him that He will bring them home!
- Realize today that you are NOT in war with your defiant child you are in war with the darkness and evil of the world!
- Once we realize we are not fighting against our child but fighting with Satan, then we can begin to pray and implement spiritual applications to usher in the victory and hope!
- God will always hear our cry in the battle and will answer us because we trust Him!
- It is God’s battle if it looks too big that’s ok nothing is too big for God!
- If you aren’t praying for your child, who is??
- 2 Chronicles 20:15 ESV “Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God’s.”
- Psalm 78: 2-4 “I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings from of old, things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done.
- 1 Chronicles 5:20 NLT “They cried out to God during the battle, and he answered their prayer because they trusted in him. So the Hagrites and all their allies were defeated.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- The Parent’s Battle Plan: Warfare Strategies to Win Back Your Prodigal by Laine Lawson Craft
- 5 Warfare Prayers for Prodigal Children
- 10 Hope-Filled Responses When You Love a Prodigal
- Hope for Parents of Prodigal Children
- How to Treat a Prodigal Child: Rediscover the Jewel
- Prodigal Child: Hope and Healing When Your Loved One Has Gone Astray
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Laine Lawson Craft:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order book Today is Going to be a Good Day / Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Order Book Hope Prevails Bible Study / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Laine Lawson Craft (www.lainelawsoncraft.com) is an award-winning author, popular media host, and in-demand speaker. The founder and publisher of WHOAwomen magazine (2010-2018), she regularly hosts online challenges and masterclasses as well as Facebook Live events that reach thousands. Her Warfare Parenting podcast encourages parents of adult children. Laine and her husband, Steve, have three children and live in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson