- We’ve been in the middle of a special series of podcasts about defeating anxiety during times of crisis. Worry Creeps, Anxiety Seeps, Crises Explode is the fourth episode in the series. In this episode, we break down worry, fear, anxiety, and crises, and how they are different, and how they each impinge on our lives.
- Jesus said not to worry about tomorrow and be anxious for nothing. He never said “except when my bank account dips, or when the toilet paper runs out, or when you have to work or go to school online.”
- Anxiety results from living in a place of dread instead of victory. When we become anxious, we have projected dread into our situation. That brings with it an endless supply of “what ifs?”
- So much of our anxiety comes from us wanting to have control, but the reality is that we have very little control, but God is in control and He isn’t going to wrestle us for it.
- In this episode, we continue to discuss how to defeat anxiety especially in times of crisis.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- Fear is an emotional response to a real or perceived threat.
- Anxiety is apprehension and anticipation of some future event.
- Worry is thinking about problems or fears that may never even come to pass.
- Luke 12:26 “And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?”
- Philippians 4:9 “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of Peace will be with you.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promisesby Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson