Every one of us has a story to tell that others need to hear. Today’s guest is going to help us know if we’ve been called to write that story, and how understanding the different personality types will help us connect better with our readers.
Linda also shares what made her writing much stronger: How Understanding Personality Types Helps Writers
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- 2 Corinthians 3:3 “You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.”
- Habakkuk 2:2 “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.”
- Zephaniah 3:17 “The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Called to Write by Linda Gilden
- Words to Live By by Linda Gilden
- Called to Speak by Linda Gilden
- Articles, Articles, Articles! by Linda Gilden
- Personality Perspectives – Clues to Building Better Relationships by Linda Gilden
- Mommy Pick-Me-Ups by Linda Gilden
- Mama Was the Queen of Christmas by Linda Gilden
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Linda Gilden:
Website / Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / Pinterest
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Linda Gilden is an experienced writer, speaker, editor, writing coach, and personality consultant. Author of the popular Love Notes series, she is also the author of several dozen books including Mommy Pick-Me-Ups, Mama Was the Queen of Christmas, Personality Perspectives – Clues to Building Better Relationships, Called to Write, Why You Do What You Do, Words to Live By, Called to Speak, Articles, Articles, Articles!, the LINKED Quick Guides to Personalities series, and many ghostwritten books. With over a thousand magazine articles to her credit, she is a prolific writer who loves to share a great story. She speaks nationally throughout the year, is a frequent radio and television guest, and welcomes the opportunity to help others become better communicators. Her favorite activity is floating in a lake or pool reading a book surrounded by splashing grandchildren, a great source of writing material.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson
I so enjoyed listening to Linda Gilden share about how she began writing. As I listened I thought her message was a bit similar to yours and so appreciated you sharing your story too. I love to write and have written many pages of journal and a few posts and articles. I wrote a poem in high school that was put in a book of poems. That was my only literary achievement. But I was so encouraged by this podcast and do appreciate you and Linda sharing your heart and lives of being an author with us.