In this episode, my guest, Kerrie Oles and I talk about the hope we have for living the best version of your true self. Have you ever felt you were all alone in your struggle? Or that nobody else would understand or relate? Or experienced shame from something you’ve done or didn’t do? Then you’ve tuned in for the right episode.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
Too often we are self-conscious but don’t want to be self-aware.
We put on a persona like everything is fine because we fear we may not be accepted if we’re not.
If you have a pulse, you have a purpose.
Emotional DNA is like a blueprint which leads us to a certain reaction and behavior.
Inner healing is the freedom from the thoughts and behaviors that hold us back and do some heart work.
Your DNA has Jesus Christ running through it.
Tears are often a release of woundings and heartache. Let them flow so God can heal.
Forgiveness is the key to unlock the healing in your heart.
Jesus loves those who hurt us as much as He loves us.
Luke 7:47-48 “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” Then Jesus said to the woman, “Your sins are forgiven.”
Isaiah 61:1-3 “The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed.” He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord’s favor has come, and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies. To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.”
Exodus 14:13-14 “But Moses told the people, ‘Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Unlock Now: 6 Steps to Begin Inner Healing by Kerrie Oles
- For Real: Navigating Truths Through Trials by Kerrie Oles
- Revived from the Me I Used To Be by Kerrie Oles
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
To connect with Kerrie Oles:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
About Kerrie Oles
About Kerrie Oles:Kerrie Oles, and husband Phillip have two boys, and have been in ministry for 17 years. She is a conference speaker, and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to women’s platforms everywhere. Her humorous approach and in-depth biblical insight is healing hearts and transforming lives as she delivers messages of encouragement, freedom, and victory in Jesus Christ.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson