We are perpetually insecure people. We struggle with self-esteem, recognize our fallenness, and find that in spite of our sinfulness, God chooses to use us…if we let Him. God often steps into our lives and gives us an opportunity to be part of His story. No matter who you are or what your story is, God’s effective grace can resurrect your life and point to Jesus. Join me with my guest, Tamar Miller, for how to receive God’s redeeming grace and live a life that glorifies him.
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- I found myself questioning the goodness and grace of God while begging Him to change my circumstances.
- There’s nothing you can do to earn God’s grace—it’s a gift to be received.
- Perseverance is key in any spiritual battle.
- No matter who or what you are, God can redeem your life.
- God’s redemptive grace and the timelessness of His goodness because of Jesus’ finished work on the cross and promise of eternal salvation.
- No matter who they are or what their story is, God’s effective grace has the power to impact and redeem their lives and point their stories to Christ and His gospel message, just like every story of the Bible does, similar to biblical women.
- The gospel message of Christ continues to change lives with the power to restore, reconcile, rescue, redeem, and resurrect, when all seems lost with no hope, because of God’s faithfulness to His Word and promises in Christ and displayed in His steadfast love, transformative grace, and magnificent mercy towards undeserving sinners.
- I try to remain honest, transparent, compassionate, but intentional to encourage them to cling to Christ and remain in a study of His Word every day.
- God’s ways do not always match our preferences, His purposeful and redemptive plan is for the sake of His glory and our ultimate good, even when all looks bleak.
- Read and study God’s Word and be intentional exploring one book of the Bible at a time. Ask questions, talk about it with other Christian friends, consider what you are learning about God, and then determine how the message of God’s Word might have you respond to your circumstances or relationships.
- God can choose any person He desires as a grace recipient to display His mercy and love in accordance with His plan of salvation.
- We are not promised tomorrow so today is the day to receive God’s grace.
- 1 Corinthians 15:9-11 (HCSB): “For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by God’s grace I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not ineffective. However, I worked more than any of them, yet not I, but God’s grace that was with me. Therefore, whether it is I or they, so we proclaim and so you have believed.”
- Romans 15:4 (ESV): “For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.”
- 1 Peter 4:10-11 (ESV): “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace…in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ.”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Odd Moms Out: God’s Redemptive Grace in the Lives of Five Biblical Mothers by Tamar Miller
- New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional by Paul David Tripp
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Tamar is a pastor’s wife of 25 years to a loving and patient husband, and mom of two wonderfully made teenage sons, one who lives with special needs. She considers marriage and motherhood her primary ministries from the Lord and is grateful for God’s redemptive grace shown to her within these roles.
Her desire is to glorify her heavenly Father, faithfully follow Jesus her Savior, and consistently study God’s Word. To help with that, she is thankful for and committed to her local church in SW Florida, where she’s been a member for the past 20 years. Over the past 18 years she has served in Women’s Ministry as a Bible teacher, ministry leader, and guest speaker at women’s events. Currently, she also serves part-time on staff at a K-12 Christian school and enjoys volunteering in their campus library.
Connect with Tamar: Website
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson