Do you ever wonder about God’s calling on your life? What does the Bible say about God’s calling on your life? What does it mean when God is calling you? In this episode, I talk with Rachelle Starr. At just 23 years old, Rachelle found her purpose in an unexpected way. Hear her inspiring story of God’s call to share hope with women in the adult entertainment industry. She’s walking out God’s calling on her life in outrageous obedience as she loves people through their pain. You won’t want to miss this inspiring podcast episode!
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- One of the best things my parents did for me was to teach me who Jesus was and what he did for me.
- Learning about God’s calling on your life begins praying for purpose and the people God wants you to reach. Ask God and invite him in to speak to you about your calling.
- In pursuing your God-given calling, consider prayer and fasting as well as silence and solitude to hear God’s voice and receive his direction.
- Pray and ask God to give you eyes to see who God wants you to minister to.
- Fear, inadequacy, and doubt freeze us from living out our call.
- Outrageous obedience is about living out the great commission.
- When you come up against darkness, you become grateful for the salvation Jesus died for you to have.
- Stepping out in faith and doing something that the world says is crazy can be extremely hard and scary. But it’s important to remember that if God calls us to something, He also equips us.
- Outrageous obedience to God is rooted in a relationship with Him. Sometimes we over-complicate things. If you are daily soaking in the Word and spending time with your Heavenly Father, He will guide your steps.
- It is God’s faithfulness (and not our own!) that fuels our calling.
- The best thing you can do is just take it one step at a time. Before I did anything, I simply prayed.
- Because our faithful God goes with you, you can be a light where it’s dark.
- You ARE good enough. When God calls you, he also equips you.
- Matthew 28:18-20 (ESV) The Great Commission: “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Isaiah 61:1-3 (ESV) The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.
- 1 John 4:19 (ESV) “We love because he first loved us.
- Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Matthew 17:20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
- Esther 4:14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Outrageous Obedience by Rachelle Starr
- The Hem of His Garment: Reaching Out To God When Pain Overwhelms
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive & Thrive Women’s Online Conference
- Revive & Thrive Summit 2
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God through Cancer Summit 2
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Rachelle Star:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order book Today is Going to be a Good Day / Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Order Book Hope Prevails Bible Study / Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson) / LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Rachelle Starr founded Scarlet Hope, a nonprofit dedicated to sharing the hope of Jesus with women in the adult entertainment industry. Rachelle also leads a gospel-centered career development program where women can receive employment and job skills while discovering their God-given gifts and talents. Rachelle and her husband, Josh, have two boys and reside in Louisville, Kentucky. Learn more at scarlethope.org and by following @rachellestarr.co on Instagram.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson