I talk with Tonie Camacho who lost a parent early in life, lived with a mentally ill mother, was sexually abused, raped and left for dead. She turned to alcohol as a coping mechanism. After her third DWI, and time in jail, God saved her. She learned that you are never too lost for God to save you. Sobriety is a daily struggle. But Tonie learned that the storm doesn’t last forever and God is on the other side with His hand open.
If you or a loved one struggle with alcoholism and addiction, you’ll want to listen to this hope-filled perspective.
For more of Tonie’s journey and hope-filled perspective, visit: God Finds Us Even in the Midst of Alcoholism
Watch on YouTube:
Quotables from the Episode:
- You are never too lost for God to save you.
- My saving grace was when God showed me He truly was willing to leave the 99 to save me.
- Addiction is about control and requires surrendering to God for control.
- I maintain my sobriety because God saved me and drinking again would be thumbing my nose at God.
- The storm doesn’t last forever. God is on the other side with His hand open.
- God was with me the whole time. All I had to do was turn around.
- Psalm 5:10 NKJV “Create in me a clean heart, O God, renew a new spirit in me.”
- Psalms 27:1 NKJV “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; whom shall I be afraid?”
Recommended Resources: (If there are affiliate links in this post, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you)).
- Hope from a Recovering Adult Child of Alcoholic Parents – Episode 76
- Never Too Broken to be Restored
- Dolores Like the River by Laura Padgett
- Today is Going to be a Good Day: 90 Promises from God to Start Your Day Off Right by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 1
- YouVersion Devotional, Today is Going to be a Good Day version 2
- Revive and Thrive Virtual Women’s Conference
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 1
- Trusting God Through Cancer Summit 2
- 10 Minute Turnaround Courses: 10 Minutes a Day Unlocks the Secrets to Change Your Life
- Free Download: How To Fight Fearful/Anxious Thoughts and Win
- Award-Winning Breaking Anxiety’s Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip Free Study Guide
- Free 7-Day YouVersion Bible Reading Plan for Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- Hope Prevails Bible Study by Dr. Michelle Bengtson, winner of the Christian Literary Award Reader’s Choice Award
- How To Help a Depressed Loved One free eBook
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Tonie Camacho is a 53-year old woman in recovery from alcoholism; drinking since the age of 14. She was sexually abused as a child, raped at age 24 and left for dead. Today she is a new woman with a thirst for life and the Lord. She believes that with God all things are possible.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson